If there is a fire in your home, you could have less than 2 minutes to get out safely once the smoke alarm sounds.
Saturday October 13th is Home Fire Drill Day
· Make a fire escape plan. Draw a map of each level of your home showing all doors and windows. Discuss the map with everyone who lives with you.
· Plan two ways out of every room. Choose an outside meeting place in front of your home.
· Make a fire escape plan around your abilities. If you need to use a wheelchair or a cane, make sure you can get to it easily and get out quickly. If you wear hearing aids or eyeglasses, put them next to your bed while you are sleeping.
· Make sure all doors and windows open easily.
· Practice your fire escape plan by having a home fire drill at least twice a year with everyone in the home.
· If there is a fire in your home, get out and stay out. Never go back inside for people, pets or things.