In 1868, soldiers stationed in Salt Lake City traversed the mountain from Big Cottonwood Canyon to what would become Park City, Utah. Upon exploring and digging around in the area, these soldiers found something of substantial value—silver. By 1870 the Transcontinental Railroad was bringing miners in droves to find wealth and fame in the rolling hills just East of Salt Lake City. It was around this time that the first, unofficial fire department was established in this young, blossoming mining town.

By 1884 Park City was incorporated and within a few years, boasting a population of more than 5,000. It was also in 1884, that the Park City Fire Department was officially organized by the newly formed city council.

The community continued to flourish until the mid-nineteen hundreds when it was nearly deserted due to the claims drying up. However, when the ski resorts came to Park City, the town began to grown again, adding a more official Park City Fire Protection District in 1970 to assuage the concerns of the new population. Finally, in 2002, the olympics put our city on the map permanently, and it and the district have only flourished since.

Through it all the PCFD has served the community with dedication and focus. From humble beginnings and tipsy volunteers to a committed team of highly trained professionals, the PCFD, like Park City itself has come a long way. Today we proudly serve a bustling and modern mountain town, steeped in tradition and history.

'); document.write(''); }