Fun Fact: Water boils at 212 F, wood burns at 575 F, glass melts at 900 F, SPARKLERS burn at between 1200 F and 2000 F! Sparklers account for over 25% of firework related emergency room visits. Approximately 16,000 reported fires are started by fireworks annually.
While you and your loved ones are using fireworks this year please abide by the following safety recommendations:
- Children always need close adult supervision
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Protective eyewear should be used
- Do not hold lit fireworks in your hands
- Never light fireworks indoors
- Only use them away from other people, houses, and flammable material
- Only light one device at a time
- Soak used and unused fireworks in water before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to extinguish fireworks that do not go off or in case of fire
- Never use illegal fireworks
Please refer to the Utah State Fire Marshal regulations regarding use of Fireworks.
During this season celebrating our many freedoms we at Park City Fire District wish you a fun and safe 4th of July!