CO Detectors

PCFD Medic Engine 38, Ambulance 38, and Engine 31 responded early this morning to a house with patients reporting possible CO poisoning. ME38 found extremely high levels of CO in the home. The patients were transported to the hospital for treatment. The patients are very lucky to be alive.

It is a good reminder to check your smoke and CO detectors in your home.

Carbon monoxide poisoning occurs when carbon monoxide builds up in your bloodstream. When too much carbon monoxide is in the air, your body replaces the oxygen in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide. This can lead to serious tissue damage, or even death. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas.

If you think you may have carbon monoxide poisoning, get into fresh air and seek emergency medical care.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.